Monday, August 8, 2011

What Not To Say To Someone Struggling with Infertility and a High-Risk Pregnancy

These are all from my personal experience and sadly came from close family members or friends.

"Maybe you and David are meant to be a couple without children." I was told this several times by a close family member- after failed IUIs and after our first failed IVF.

"How far along are you?"  I was not pregnant but had gained considerable weight due to hormonal medications and decreasing my exercise.

When asked if they were exctied about a new family member on the way (our baby), a close family member responded, "If Jessica makes it that long."

After being diagnosed with a subchorionic hemmorhage, "And by the way, the spotting is of your own doing."


Referring to my baby as "a thing".

No comments:

Post a Comment