Saturday, September 3, 2011

**TMI alert**
Iron tabs are not my friend. Since the beginning of my pregnancy, I was actually going to the bathroom 3-4 times a day. By 14 weeks it slowed down to 2x a day. My friend Chrstine warned me about the iron, and she was right. I've since had extreme difficulty going to the bathroom. Yesterday I started to have lower abdominal cramping, so I called Dr. Nishiguchi. He said as long as the cramping is low (and not near my belly button) and as long as there is no additional spotting, all sounds okay. He told me to stop taking the iron for a few days and that I could but colace tabs. The bottle says you can have up to 6 tabs/ day. I wanted to play it safe and started with one tab around 8pm last night. Since we were in the car for a few hours, I took another at 10pm, then 12am, and one this morning at 6am. No success yet, so I had a decaf iced coffee. I'm hoping for some relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment