Tuesday, October 18, 2011

 My heart is broken. My beloved Grandma Selma went to heaven this morning. I'm feeling really numb and in shock. Of all my family members, I was the closest with her. Because we're Jewish, she will be buried tomorrow at noon. I'd wanted to go and first looked at plane tickets this morning. By the time I went to the OB (to make sure I was ok to fly) and came home to get the ticket, the price had gone up to over $800. At the same time, everyone in my family told me to stay home. It's a 5 hour flight. I'm just so sad right now, knowing I'll never talk to her again and she won't be able to meet her first great-granddaughter.
 Here is a photo of us from my grandmother's 90th birthday party weekend (taken in 2007). The second photo is of my grandmother with my Grandpa Milton (taken in 1940):

No comments:

Post a Comment