Friday, October 14, 2011

Update on the Power of A Support System

A few months ago (towards the beginning of when I started this blog), I talked about some special women and how they have been extremely supportive. Unfortunately, I can no longer count my sister-in-law among that list. I don't want to dwell on negativity. There was an issue with my brother (to which I will not post details here), and my sister-in-law stopped talking to me in August. I did make several attempts to contact her (I think 5x is plenty) to which there was no response. I have been saddened by this. However, this pregnancy has been very stressful at times, and my OB naturally advised me to focus on the positives.  So, here is a huge positive I previously neglected to go into detail about:

My IVF support group on facebook. I can't exactly remember how I found this support group. There was one group (where all of the information and posts were public) that I'd followed. I very rarely shared, as there was no privacy. I then came across a private group to which one of my friends belonged- called "IVF and Beyond". The name has since changed to "Sisters Fighting Against Infertility". The women in the group are amazing, supportive, and at all stages of the infertility journey. There are actually close to 90 members now. The women are from all over the US and the world. This group has been a lifesaver for me. Since joining, I've actually had the pleasure of meeting three of them in person. And, I have plans to meet others.

I'd just like to say a special thank you (in no particular oder) to "my girls"- Heather, Christine, Deanne, Liz, Kristin, Elisha, Brookie, Lexy, Fay, Louise, Natalie, and Kirsten. You ladies all hold a very special place in my heart.


1 comment: