Wednesday, January 25, 2012

After all I went through to have Sadie and the risk to myself and her, I really didn't think I'd ever want to go through a pregnancy again. Every day I look at her, I am amazed and beyond grateful. David has always said he wanted another and has been talking more about it. I really don't want her to be an only child and would love for her to have a sibling. After what I went through, would you take the risk again? I'm 38 years old and of course the clock is not on my side. When would be a good time (if we do) to try for #2? Also, by trying I mean naturally. We have a lot of debt from previous attempts and aren't looking to do another ivf any time soon. There is the possibility that David's new insurance may have some infertility coverage.

At my last appt with my OB, he had the "talk" with me about contraception. I told him we weren't planning to use any. My infertility is unexplained. He told me about a couple who had gone through eight cycles of IVF, had a baby, didn't use protection, and were pleasantly surprised to naturally get pregnant with #2. I'd love to have that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment