Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day # 20- labor started around 7am yesterday. My OB had gone back and forth on a vaginal vs c-section delivery. Since the placenta had abrupted, signficant blood
loss, and concern about fetal distress, he felt the c-section was best. Her birth was surreal. I'm sure other first time mothers feel much the same. I was very worried. Although the procedure didn't take long, it felt like it was lasting ...
forever. David was able to not only stand by me and comfort me, but he watched as she was delivered. To hear the joy and excitement in his voice was beautiful. To see gentle tears come from his eyes was priceless. Her screaming was what I needed for reassurance after so much silence. The absolute best moment was when she was snuggled on my chest and we were able to touch and kiss her, no matter how brief. Despite exhaustion, I wasn't able to sleep much due to the excitement. The NICU sent us a text picture earlier and hopes she will be home in 2-3 weeks.

I'd always thought getting pregnant would be THE hard part.

If you know of a couple without children, please remind yourself that infertility could be the very reason and what they are struggling with. A lot of couples cope with this challenge privately.

After dealing with a subchorionic hemmorhage from weeks 12.5 to 19, several bouts of bed rest, PPROM, pneumonia, and the placenta abruption, I realize getting pregnant was not the hardest part for us. The challenges throughout pregnancy were more than worth it. We are so fortunate to finally welcome our sweet baby blessing, Sadie Rose. We are forever grateful for all of the love and support we have received. I am grateful to God for hearing our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment