Thursday, December 8, 2011



Mommy is home!


Day #22- It's been a busy day. We found out that because my medical out of pocket expense was met for the calendar year, both my hospital stay and Sadie's NICU stay (through 12/31/2011) are covered at 100%. With the c-section, I'll have 8 weeks of maternity leave. I'm also applying for benefits through the state. Both the PIC line and IV were removed. I received the whooping cough vaccine.

After...
David came to the hospital, we picked up my medication and headed home.

David and I were not sure how the dogs would react. I couldn't wait to see them and started crying before we even got to the door. 22 days is a long time.

When we normally open the front door after work, the dogs are excited and loud. It's always as if they are telling you about their day.

Today was different. All three came running at different times. Lilly (our mixed greyhound/ shepherd) had a sad face and plopped her head on me to kiss. Pokey, our mixed terrier, had spent most of the past three weeks hiding under the bed. He is a momma's boy, and his eyes were wet as if he was crying.

Lucy, our almost 2yo chocolate lab, is always full of energy. She was extremely
calm and sedate. Gradually she started to kiss me.

David and I are now laying down with all three dogs. They are beat, and we are beat. It's been an extremely tough three weeks on all of us. I am finally home with my family, exactly where I am my happiest and where I need to be. I look forward to the one special addition to our family joining us. Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment