Saturday, April 23, 2011

Choices to make

As mentioned in my profile, I am a runner. This was what was to be my fourth year coaching SOAR, a group of at-risk adolescents training for the Los Angeles marathon. I'd told the head coach at the beginning of the season that we would be pursuing infertility treatment.


The next step for us was IVF. While Dr. Buyalos allowed me to exercise during my two week wait (after the IUI), I would have to cut back my running and would not be able to exercise at all following the egg retrieval.


This was to be my third year running Surf City. At year 3, you become a legacy runner.  And, I wanted to be a part of that group.  So, we scheduled the IVF process around Surf City. 


We let a cycle come and go. When the next cycle began, I started birth control pills in preparation.The bcps were miserable for me- they made me very bloated and I was always hot. Poor David- I had to sleep with the fan blowing (and this was in January and February!). David ended up sleeping in a sweatshirt. 


IVF was on the way, and I became a legacy runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment