Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hoping for Motherhood

David and I married on June 19, 2010. Because I'm 37yo and had had fertility problems during my first marriage (from 2002 to 2005), we decided to try right away for a baby. 


Knowing that fertility treatment is costly, I did my research..I was elated to find out that my health insurance provides a $20,000 lifetime benefit for infertility treatment. Most people don't have any insurance for infertility and end up paying (or charging) tens of thousands of dollars. From working in health insurance, I also knew that I'd need to pick a clinic contracted with my insurance plan.


I realize I'm starting this blog (my first blog ever) almost eight months into our fertility journey. I ran across the blog of a high school classmate, and let's just say I was inspired. Her blog had nothing to do with fertility issues...it is about her life and her family, and it is shared with a raw honesty that is rare these days.


Our fertility journey started almost eight months ago. Throughout this process, there is so much I wish I'd captured on pen- our experiences, our thoughts and feelings, our hopes and dreams throughout the process. As we are getting ready for another go at it, I've decided to start putting my thoughts to pen.



The small Fertility Buddha I bought at the start of our jounrey in July 2010. I found this in San Francisco's China Town, and it has been by my bedside ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment