Friday, April 22, 2011

Where do we go??

After what we went through with Dr. Chang, there was no question we were not going back to her.  I called a dear friend of mine who had been through IVF herself and has two beautiful boys. I decided to ask her about her doctor and clinic. I remembered that her doctor was even farther than Dr. Chang's office in Beverly Hills, but at this point we had nothing to lose and we were willing to drive further if it meant being treated by a good doctor.


My friend told me all about Dr. Richard Buyalos at Fertility and Surgical Associates in Thousand Oaks, CA. I remember her telling me how warm and easy-going he is. Going through infertility can be very stressful. Needless to say, Dr. Chang exaccerbated the stress I already had. I needed a doctor who does not cause his patients unneccessary stress.


I called Dr. Buylaos' office the next day, and he fit us in the day after (November 20,2010). His office is 55 miles from our house, but well worth the drive. David and I immediately felt at ease. The waiting room was filled with "normal" people.


At our initial consultation, Dr. Buyalos felt it was worth it to try one more IUI- this time with both clomid and follistim. Again, he felt there was no explained reason why I couldn't try a 3rd IUI.


For those unfamiliar with infertility treatment, it is a lot of appointments.  And, they are early morning appointments. If you're not an early bird, you will learn to become one! I had my final IUI on 12/07/2010. On 12/28/2010, we found out it did not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment