Thursday, June 16, 2011

Preparing to say goodbye to Dr. Buyalos

Next Friday (June 24th) is supposed to be my last appointment with my RE. I told my hubby that I want to ask to take his picture with the nurses. Hubby feels it's not appropriate. Please share your thoughts. I found a photo of him from the internet, but it's a professional photo.


Cathy: Why don't you ask that you all get a picture taken together with the doctor and nurses ... Have a receptionist take it for you guys (: I think it's a great idea! I'm not sure my RE would do it lol but that's cuz she thinks I'm silly!
Connie: Yeah I agree! One big happy family photo for your album!
Me: Hubby also isn't sure he can make the appt because of work. He's already used a lot of time off. So, it may just be me.
Connie: Awwww
Cathy: Well it'll still be a nice picture with just you or both of you !!

Jerri: absolutely ask for a pic!  do you have someone to go w you to your appt Jess? or i can fly out for the day :P

Me: Jump on that plane!!

Jerri:  ‎:)
Me:  Actually, other than ultrasounds and blood draws which fell on weekends, and retrieval and transfer, I've been to 90 percent of the appts by myself. RE's office is 55 miles from where we live (and another 40 miles to my work). Unfortunately... hubby is hourly. I'm exempt and have used FMLA to protect my job. There have been many days where I only worked 5 hours because of morning appts, and I've used around 10 vacation days this year for appts and procedures.
Cathy:  That's where I've been lucky cuz I own our business and work is seasonal for the most part ... We don't tend to be working in the fall during the 2 cycles we've done ... My husband goes to every boring appointment with me and counts every f...ollicle with me lol holds my hand through it all ... Awwww it's the least he can do considering I have to get a needle shoved up my peekatchu while I'm awake and all he does is get to have some fun with a cup lol
Connie: Lmao!!! Cathy you crack me up!!!
Nadine:  My partner has been to evey appointment with me, just not bloodtests, but otherwsie always there & wanted to be there so he felt he was a prt of it & had to be there for transfer & EC as we live 5hrs away & wasnt going on my own - I could g...et pregnant by going down the local pub if I was that klind of gal,(which I def not, lee is my first, one & only!) so he should be there for me as Im doing it all for us, not just me :) Jess I only work prt time so used most of mine too and got nothing out of it, u got a baby so its all worth it :)
Me: You girls are the best:-) Just an update- hubby got approved to take 2 hours off of work and will be able to come to my appt next week :-)
Dana: That is great that next week is going to be the last time with this Dr and then on to a regualr Dr! I can not be more happier for you both! Congrats to the fullest and you deserve this happiness that you are feeling xxxx



Our RE- Dr. Richard Buyalos

No comments:

Post a Comment