Friday, June 24, 2011

Graduation Day

Today was our last appointment with Dr. B. While waiting to be seen, I ran into a lady I'd met at the Resolve meeting. She was having her retrieval and I wished her well.

The appointment was bittersweet. We received good news- my pre-test results for the CVS exam had come back and were good. The baby has continued to grow, and the heartbeat was 144bpm again. I asked Dr. B his thoughts on the Old Wive's Tale about the heartbeat and gender. His response, "It's just an Old Wive's Tale."

After the ultrasound we met in Dr. B's office. David politely asked Dr. B what our options are in the future for pursuing another baby with his office. We explained that our benefit for infertility treatment has been maxed (in addition, my insurance has already denied some of the claims because of benefit exhaustion). Dr. B said we should not worry about it and he will work with us. He said he would also work to reduce the balance that we owe his office. Thank goodness!

I asked Dr. B his thoughts on women being very fertile for that first year after childbirth (I want to maximize our chances for a second baby). Dr. B said he feels it's mostly a myth. He would like me to come see him when I am done breastfeeding. At that time, we'll do labs and look at my egg quality.

I'd initially wanted to ask for a photo of Dr. B. with the nurses. Trish, my favorite nurse, wasn't in the office yet. Also, I'm superstitious, and decided that I'll wait until after the baby is born. I would like to bring the baby to his office and give a small gift with a card.

It was difficult for me to say goodbye. David gave him a good handshake. I hugged Dr. B. and gave him a kiss on his cheek. I told him, "We can't thank you enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment