Monday, June 27, 2011

Pregnant through IVF Anxiety


I continue to worry about the possibility of a miscarriage or that something is wrong with the baby. It's a terrible feeling, and nothing seems to ease my anxiety. I chatted with my IVF girls about it, and they all have had the same experience.

Me: It's all still so surreal. I wonder if there will ever come a time in this pregnancy where I'm able to stop worrying and looking down every time I have to pee (worrying about blood/miscarriage).
Lisa:  For me, it remained very surreal up until the day of delivery! I remember being in the hospital room (had to have a planned c-section) feeling positively ill because I hadn't been allowed to eat since midnight the night before and my delive...ry wasn't until 2pm! Anyway, I was laying there feeling hungry, sick and so, SO nervous....just thinking NOW it's real...I'm going to have a BABY in my arms in a couple of hours....like....a real one.... lol. One of the beautiful midwives (who rostered herself on that day so she could be at the birth - she had worked at the IVF clinic while I was going through the attempts to conceive and was SO excited to be able to participate in the birth) asked how I was going and I told her I felt positively ill....she went out of the room, wheeled in the little cribs they use, with a little blue teddy bear in the corner and then left again. Half an hour later, she came back and asked me how I felt....I felt much better....'works every time', she said. I looked at that crib and realised that all my dreams would be coming true in the next couple of hours. Very real...very beautiful....and Fin is all that and more :)
Me: Lisa, that is beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I got teary-eyed..lol! I guess it's like this for every IVF lady :-)
Lisa: I got teary eyed typing it, Jess...Having said that, I'm getting teary eyed at just about everything at the moment so that's no great shock, lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment