Saturday, May 14, 2011

IVF #2- Mini Flare Protocol

We went back to see Dr. Buyalos on Sunday, 04/10/2011. While waiting for Dr. B, David and I always look around his office. He has numerous plaques, photos of his family, etc. We saw something with his middle initial on it, "P". David and I placed bets on what the initial stood for- David thought "Peter" and I thought "Paul".  Well, I was right :-)


During our conversation, he discussed changing my medication protocol this time to what's called a "min-flare". I would start with only follistim- 200 IU twice a day. I brought my list of medications from home, and as it turned out I would have more than enough meds for this cycle. David and I have always found Dr. B. to be very approachable. He also always makes sure that any questions we may have are answered.




We shared with Dr. B. that this would be our last try. We had not won the lottery yet. Also, my parents had helped me out through both a bad divorce and other situations, so I did not feel it was appropriate to ask for their help yet again. We used credit cards and had taken a loan out from my retirement fund (not the best choice, but this was the only way we could have afforded to try for our baby blessing). During this meeting, Dr. B. did tell us that the clinic would do anything possible to help us. By this, I was sure he meant giving us the cash discount (the surgery center fee itself is normally around $4,000 and we would have to pay $2,500 instead).




AF (aunt flo...lol) came on 04/18/2011, and I started my meds on 04/19/2011.

Here is a pic of my meds for my second IVF cycle:

No comments:

Post a Comment