Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Questions Answered: IVF & Bloating

05/24/2011
I belong to two on-line support groups through Facebook. These are the ladies I have turned to (and continue to) throughout this journey).

Another question for you ladies..ever since I had my first IUI with stims, my tummy blew up. Gradually, with more IUIs and 2 IVFs, it got even larger. Well before I got my BFP (actually during my 1st IVF), I had people asking me if I was pregnant and how far along I was. My tummy is so bloated now, and I even had someone ask me what I'm having. Has this happened to anyone? I don't go back for my first ultrasound until 05/27.
Here are the responses (and mine). Note: I've changed names to protect everyone's privacy.
Trish: Mine is the EXACT same way. We just did 1st IVF and got out bfp on Sunday and I literally look pregnant and have for weeks!
Me: It's so refreshing to know I'm not alone! Although, I'm sorry you're going through the same thing. It has gotten so uncomfortable for me, and I can not wear most of my pants. I bought some "lounge slacks" from Old Navy and got the "ok" to wear them to work.
Trish: LOL I haven't worn anything but elastic in weeks! I feel like if I put a pin in my tunny it would POP!
Me: That's exactly how I feel!
Jeri:  my belly looks 3 months prego - wish i was! hoping i can fill it with a baby soon!
Amy: Jess, mine blew up with the stim cycle and retrieval and has only deflated a bit. I guess now I can say 'I'm pregnant' but I don't think 2 weeks really adds up to a tummy this size!
Ellie:  The same thing happened to me as well. I gained about 10 to 15 pounds before I even became pregnant with our IVF cycle.
Me: Lol! Especially when I'm already being asked what I'm having :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment