Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Last Thursday night (11/03/2011) I noticed my swelling had spread from my feet up through my calves, and it was painful. So, I went to my OB Friday morning. He was concerned about the possibility of me developing toxemia and put me out again on bed rest. I'm really hoping it's not for too long. With short-term disability in the U.S., you get your full paycheck for 6 weeks and then it becomes less (75%, then 50% after so many weeks). I also told him I'm constantly worried because I never feel her move, so they did a stress test. It was interesting having that band wrapped around my belly, but all was good. Baby Rome's HR was 140 bpm. 

My OB also said because of the concerns he is going to see me weekly from now on. That actually made me feel better- I hate waiting 3 or 4 weeks between appointments, and hopefully this will ease some of my anxiety. 

The weather changed here very quickly from the mid 90s to high 40s, and I've had a nasty cold since Saturday night- congested, coughing, sore throat, headache. I wasn't going to page my OB on the weekend and waited until yesterday morning to call (to find out what I could take). I basically napped most of Sunday and Monday and am starting to feel a little better.

28 weeks 6 days (on 11/4/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment