Saturday, November 19, 2011


Tonight's dinner.
 

I had a pulmonary cat scan. Results are in and it's pneumonia. I am actually relieved. It could have been much worse. I get to take 10 puffs off of this apparatus every hour, have oxygen in my nose, and will start a course of antibiotics. I am extremely grateful for the wonderful care Sadie and I are receiving at Henry Mayo. Between my OB (Dr. Nishiguchi), his partner (Dr. Izuki), Dr. Wyatt (pulmonary MD), the ICU crisis team (including my friend Jay- an RN), and the amazing nurses in Labor and Delivery.


Praying our baby girl stays snuggled inside a few more weeks.
Only 9 more weeks to go. My baby girl's fat-factory is running at full tilt, which means I'm on a slow-but-steady train to whale town as she's now gaining a 1/2 lb each week. My baby girl's frail immune system means she's going to be dependent on my breastmilk (full of my antibodies) for the first 2-3 years of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment